International Renewable Energy Jobs Conference
IRENA is organising the International Renewable Energy Jobs Conference alongside the World Future Energy Summit (WFES) on the 21st of January 2014 in Abu Dhabi, to discuss how the renewable energy sector has become a significant employer with the potential for adding millions of jobs worldwide in the coming years. The conference is open to experts, practitioners, academics and other stakeholders from the private and the public sector. The International Renewable Energy Jobs Conference will be the first on this topic and will provide a platform for experts and policymakers to share knowledge, experiences and best practices on all aspects of renewable energy job creation. The conference will provide insights into:
- The latest trends and dynamics in renewable energy job creation;
- The potential for job creation along the different segments of the value chain;
- The policy environment that can best maximize the potential for jobs;
- The education, training, and skills required alongside the deployment of renewable energy technologies;
- The local development benefits linked to renewable energy applications in rural areas, including the empowerment of local communities and women.
For more information and registration please visit http://irevalue.irena.org/event_registration.aspx?id=2