Floating Solar Power Plants
HelioRec is a clean energy company providing solar energy-based solution for power generation and domestic plastic waste recycling. With commitment and passion, the company is developing a solar power plant which can be successfully implemented in countries with a:
- Big amount of mismanaged plastic wastes;
- High-density population;
- Lack of renewable energies.
- Construction of floating structures based on recycled plastic;
- Installation solar-panels on floating structures;
- Deploy this power plant in the sea near marine ports or remote locations/islands.
Floating solar power plants in closed water - lakes, have already been implemented in India, China, Japan, UK. However, no one deployed yet a floating solar plant in the open sea. Another important feature of this project is to use recycled plastic for the floating structures, for example high density polyethylene (HDPE), which can be produced from domestic plastic waste (containers, construction pipes, food packages, interior items etc.).
This project has already got positive feedback from experts in offshore renewable energy industry and collaboration between different parties have started to establish.
The main purposes of the project:
- Managing plastic waste through using recycled plastic for the floating structures;
- Saving land space by deploying the power plant on the sea;
- Producing "green” electricity from mature technology – solar energy.
Should you be interested in this project or willing to promote it, please don't hesitate.
For more information, please, contact: Polina Vasilenko (EUREC Student 2016/17), email@example.com