"New technologies, new skills, new jobs" debateICAB Incubator - Rue des Pères Blancs 4, 1040 Brussel (Etterbeek). European Commissioner for Research, Science and Innovation, Carlos Moedas already confirmed his participation in the debate, jointly organised by EU40 and Enel.
• European Commissioner for Research, Science and Innovation, Carlos MOEDAS;
• Brando BENIFEI, MEP, EMPL Member;
• Martina DLABAJOVA, MEP, EMPL Member;
• European Youth Forum Board Member (name tbc);
• NOZOMI NETWORKS, Young Digital entrepreneur to showcase a success story of a young skilled entrepreneur who managed to launch his own business;
• Simone MORI, Executive Vice-President Enel Spa & Assoelettrica Chairman;
• Marnix HOUSEN, CEO at ICAB Business & Technology Incubator (welcoming remarks and brief presentation of ICAB Incubator)
Should you be available to join us, please fill in the form here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScJsw5sEt3vbNPFe22o8UCb4N9iQ0wtLrES9CEzvHvADRgJwg/viewform?c=0&w=1
Please note that the attendance is limited to 80 people, we encourage you to register soon in order to make sure you will be able to attend.
We are looking forward to welcoming you from 09.30h for the networking coffee before the debate. The event will be followed by a light lunch from 12.00h where you will be able to mingle and meet new people.
Today more than 4.5 million young people are unemployed in the EU, with peaks of more than 40% in some countries. In the near future some specific drivers of job creation can be identified in Europe, such as the ICT sector boom and the energy transition. The role of the private sector is fundamental, but only with the full engagement of all other parties involved.
The challenges that the near future presents can be transformed into opportunities and drivers of growth. Transformations are already happening in society: are policy-makers, stakeholders, employers, educators prepared to meet the challenge?
We invited students from the College of Europe, as well as from ULB and VUB (technical courses) and innovation and scientific networks in order to debate about the challenges and opportunities in the scientific field. We would like to take this opportunity to create a rich and engaging discussion with young people who will share their experiences and insights in terms of the difficulties they met when being confronted with the difficult situation of the job market and opportunities that can arise from a win-win cooperation with all the parties involved.
We are looking forward to welcoming you on November 10th!