School on Concentrated Solar Thermal Energy7 - 17 November 2016
The Cyprus Institute will organize a School on Concentrated Solar Technologies (CST) in collaboration with four of the most prestigious Research Centres in Europe in this field:
This School is held under the NESTER project which is funded by the European Commission. It is the first of a series of annual Schools on Concentrated Solar Technologies that will be delivered under NESTER. The School is directed to graduate students (Masters and Doctoral) but also to early career professionals, although it is preferable that applicants have some background and/or knowledge of CST technologies.
The school offers a fast-paced comprehensive overview of the CST field, followed by intermediate and advanced lectures on selected topics relevant to the field, delivered by world experts.
- Energy Resources, Solar Potential, Technoeconomic Studies
- CST Technologies (Parabolic Trough, Tower/Central Receiver, Fresnel, Solar Dishes)
- Energy Storage (Principally Thermal)
- Optics for Concentrated Solar Thermal Power Systems
- Polygeneration (Principally: Solar Desalination)
- Optimization and Control in CST Facilities
Visits and hands-on activities will take place in the state-of-the-art research infrastructures of the Cyprus Institute.
Please, for further details click here